15 Minutes with FIJA
2 November 2020
This short, weekly event features a quick 15-minute presentation from FIJA:
- to update you on recent jury-related news such as the status of trial by jury during the pandemic, court cases related to jury rights, legislation regarding trial by jury, etc., and
- highlight one FIJA project, resource, activity, etc.
We'll start on time, pack that 15 minutes with information, and then you can be on your way. Optionally, you can stick around for another 15 minutes for a quick Q&A session afterward.
Our next session with be on 9 November 2020 at 6:30 pm Mountain time. Register in advance for this meeting:
Register just once and you will get the information you need to attend any and/or all of the November sessions. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. We'll also send you reminders each Monday so you don't miss a session!
- Breonna Taylor homicide grand jury updates
- Grand juror in Breonna Taylor case calls proceedings "a betrayal" in exclusive interview
- Grand juror says he wanted Breonna Taylor's mom "to know the truth" in exclusive interview
- Third anonymous juror from Breonna Taylor case speaks out to promote "transparency"
- AG Cameron defends decision to not advise Breonna Taylor grand jury of more charges
- Remote trials by jury now on the table in Georgia
- Victim of domestic abuse convicted by non-unanimous jury paroled
- Status of trials by jury in courts around the country
- North Carolina: Limited jury trials resume in mountain counties
- Illinois: ILCS approves remote jury selection for civil trials
- Connecticut: What Matters Most in Restarting Jury Trials: Getting it Right
- FIJA Feature: 15 Minutes with FIJA