Select Jury and Jury Nullification Quotes
In this resource, we provide you with a number of quotes related to trial by jury in general and jury nullification in particular in a variety of formats. You will find text versions of the quotes that you can copy and paste as well as graphics for sharing on social media and by other electronic means.
Most importantly, each quote is presented with a link to the source from which it was taken or a citation of its source if it is not available online. This way you can confirm each quote's accuracy, read and understand it in its original context, and cite it properly if you use it in your work. We are adding more quotes as we identify their sources and format them.
Find quotes related to:
- The Trial of William Penn and William Mead and Bushel's Case
- People v. Croswell (N.Y. 1804)
- Georgia v. Brailsford (1794)
Find quotes by:
- William Penn
- John Jay
- Thomas Jefferson
- John Adams
- Lysander Spooner
Find quotes from:
- Vices Are Not Crimes by Lysander Spooner
- An Essay on the Trial by Jury by Lysander Spooner